Skvortsova Valentina Alekseevna, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of economics
and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Skvortsov Aleksey Olegovich, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia),email@example.com
Background. Postindustrial transformation of the social and economic system causes a significant structural shift in the social production and structure of capital.Growth of intellectual production converts material and intellectual objects intocapital. The current shift of capital's forms calls forth a topical character of the problem of evolutionary transformation of productive capital from its material form to an intellectual one. The goal of the study is to analyze capital's evolution in the processof general evolution of the social and economic system.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research goal was achieved on the basis of the analysis of changes of dominating capital's forms in social production: natural capital, material capital, intellectual capital. Acknowledgement of evolutionary principles of economic development is contained in the conceptions of K. Marx, K. Buher, J. Schumpeter and many contemporary scientists. The present examination is based on the methodology of the evolutionary theory of economics that allows revealing the capital's evolution based on the principles of heredity, changeability and selection, similar to evolution in wild-life.
Results. The authors investigated capital's evolution as a process of conservation of the identity of capital (heredity) and of its adaptation (changeability) under alternative technological, economic and institutional circumstances; analyzed the changes of capital's forms based on the evolution of scientific knowledge which is coming to be a system component of capital; revealed the evolution of capital's forms from its material form towards an intellectual one.
Conclusions. The examination allows to observe the evolution of productive capital in the process of general evolution of the social and economic system; to reveal foundation, new forms and stages of capital's development; to investigate penetration of capital to new spheres of the economy and society: education, science, culture.
evolutionary theory of economics, natural capital, material capital, intellectual capital, knowledge, heredity, changeability, selection
1. Nizhegorodtsev R. M. Evolyutsionnaya ekonomika i «meynstrim» [Evolutionary economics and “main stream”]. Moscow, 2000, pp. 112–119.
2. Skvortsova V. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 163–169.
3. Skvortsov A. O. Zhurnal ekonomicheskoy teorii [Journal of economics]. 2009, no. 1, pp. 223–226.
4. Skvortsova V. A. Intellektual'nyy kapital v usloviyakh stanovleniya postindustrial'noy ekonomiki: avtoref. dis. d-ra ekon. nauk [Intellectual capital in conditions of postindustrial economy establishment: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of economic sciences] Moscow region state university. Penza, 2004, 49 p.
5. Bell D. The Coming of Post-Industrial Society. A Venture in Social Forecasting. New York, 1973, 507 p.
6. Fleksner K. F. Prosveshchennoe obshchestvo. Ekonomika s chelovecheskim litsom: [per. s angl.] [Enlightened society. Economics with a human face : translation from English]. Moscow, 1994, 301 p.
7. Marks K., Engel's F. Soch. [Works]. Vol. 23, 900 p.
8. Shumpeter Y. Teoriya ekonomicheskogo razvitiya: (Issledovanie predprinimatel'skoy pribyli, kapitala, kredita, protsenta i tsikla kon"yunktury) [Theory of economic development: (Research of entrepreneurial income, capital, credit, percentage and trade cycle)]. Moscow, 1982, 455 p.
9. Maevskiy V. Voprosy ekonomiki [Problems of economics]. 1994, no. 5, pp. 4–20.
10. Glaz'ev S. Yu. Teoriya dolgosrochnogo tekhniko-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya [Theory of long-term technical and economic development]. Moscow, 1993, 310 p.
11. Skvortsov A. O., Tarasova E. M. Izvestiya Penzenskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. V. G. Belinskogo [Proceedings of Penza State Pedagogical University named after V. G. Belinsky]. 2012, no. 28, pp. 548–553.